Dear Fair Streeter,
How are you? We’re sending this email along with a prayer for you all in mind that as we find ourselves in new territory regarding covid-19, that you will all feel the peace, love and presence of God in these days. And as we have heard from scripture over the past several weeks, the assurance that it might not seem ok now, but it will be and God is surely in our midst.
While we know that anxieties are high, and concerns raised and while we ‘socially distance’ ourselves, there still seems to be a need for people to be able connect. When we socially distance ourselves, it is easy to isolate and feel cut off from the world.
The Elders and I met this morning for the sole purpose of seeking some short term solutions for the Fair Street community in these days. As we asked the question, how do we socially distance ourselves, stay connected and offer safe opportunities for people to engage in this new rhythm we find ourselves in? Here is what we felt is best for the time being…
- Regular Sunday morning worship will continue until we are advised by the county or the CDC to not meet, or the Elders make a determination not to gather. Should we get to the point in which we are not able to gather, we have some alternative opportunities in the works and will share them as needed. We also acknowledge that gatherings are not to be over 50 people at this time, we are prepared to meet these guidelines.
- The hymnals and Bibles have been removed from the pews, the pews will get wiped down and cleaned today. Tissues, trashcans and hand sanitizer are all available in the sanctuary and narthex.
- We do ask that if you have traveled over the past two weeks, to please stay home, and if you are not feeling well to please stay home. Sunday School/Nursery will not be provided. There will be no coffee hour at this time.
- You might consider mailing in your offering contribution or set up online giving on the safe giving page on the website.
- We understand if you do not feel comfortable coming to worship, and if you are in the most vulnerable category and/or have health concerns and wish to remain home. Pastor Kendra will be recording an audio version of her message on Sunday and we will make it available for you to hear.
- At this point, meetings for the next two weeks at Fair Street are suspended and will not take place. If you are supposed to be gathering (choir, praise team, ministry team meeting, etc) the chairperson/leader will contact you to give you the update regarding your meeting. Additionally, we ask that rather than just stopping in at the office, we ask you to call first. Currently, the office hours are open M-F 9am -2pm
- Bible Study will not meet in person for the next two weeks. However, Pastor Kendra has set up a video conferencing group called ZOOM and will send out a link on Tuesday, so that anyone who is interested in weekly Bible study, you will be able to click on the link and join in the Bible Study.
- Fair Streeters, look forward to a call from your Care Group Elder or Deacon to check in. We hope to call you throughout the week to check in with you all. Again, this is a way to remain connected with one another.
- As we find ourselves in a new rhythm, there is an opportunity to slow down and reflect, practice some self care. To assist in this, each day, Pastor Kendra will be posting a blog reflection on the website. We will try to send out a daily email with the link, but click here to be sent to her blog page, this way you can save it and check it each day.
- Finally, for the families of children who are home from school for the next two weeks, if you would like to be added to our FS Kids Daily Zoom check in, please email Pastor Kendra directly at firstname.lastname@example.orgThis is a daily video conferencing check in that will take place each day at 3pm Monday-Friday. Pastor Kendra will be on to talk with the children, hear about their day at home, what they learned, maybe answer some questions, we’ll share a Bible story and prayer. This is a fun and safe way for children to see their friends, share their concerns and check in. Monday morning, Pastor Kendra will send out a link with instructions to the families of children.
- The Fair Street Nursery School, under the direction of Kingston Schools and the Directive from County Executive Pat Ryan is Closed for the next two weeks.
- The Fairly New Thrift Shop, for the well-being of all customers and volunteers is closed for the next week.
Please know that we are doing what we can to provide opportunities to remain connected and we are praying for you all! If you have a question, would like a prayer over the phone, or have a need, please let either an Elder or Deacon or Pastor Kendra know.
May the grace and peace of Christ be with you today and always as we navigate this journey together…
Peace and prayers,
Your Fair Street Elders: Chris Cahill, Ralf Stegmann, Ann Kalmbach, Audrey Kithcart, Peggy Ploss, Elain Martin and Pastor Kendra